Friday 12 March 2010

Perfect Perpetual Passion: Kids Will Be Kids....

Perfect Perpetual Passion: Kids Will Be Kids....

It's very true that many of the events depicted in the movie are not as shocking to some people as they may be to others. As an individual who has witnessed many people 'fall in with the wrong crowd' many of the goings on in 'Kids' are not all that shocking. Drug use, sex and violence seem some what to be the norm at times. The theme of sexual disease is one facet of the movie that does actually shock me. Telly's idea to only have sex with virgins in order to avoid the risk of STI's and the theme of HIV really struck a chord with me when I first watched this movie as a thirteen year old. I believe they served as a warning and left me more aware of dangers such as HIV. I also agree with your point that this film may make shocking viewing for many parents. I also believe that it could also impact positively on many of the youngsters of today if they were to watch it and then take the time to really consider some of the issues raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment